What Is Scarring?
The appearance of severe scarring after breakouts is a common occurrence for those struggling with persistent acne flare-ups. Additionally, scarring can occur due to frequent skin irritation, overexposure to the sun, past injuries, and even misuse of skin care products. Addressing this issue involves a thoughtful and educated aesthetic approach. At Bloom Med Spa, we are here to offer our expertise to help you improve the texture of your skin and live free of scars. Our treatment options are designed to provide you with exceptional rejuvenating benefits while minimizing downtime and maximizing results.
Why Does Scarring Occur?
Scarring due to acne occurs as a result of high bacterial buildup in our pores. This excess buildup of bacteria is often due to a combination of hormonal imbalance, exposure to environmental toxins, enlarged pores, and more. Scarring due to overexposure to the elements and poor use of skin care products can be just as difficult to deal with as acne scarring, if not more so. In response to damage, our bodies rapidly release collagen, making our skin thicker, less flexible, and bumpy. Thankfully, addressing unsightly scars is often not difficult and can be done without complication.
How Do We Treat Scarring?
At Bloom Med Spa, we work hard to provide you with the care and service you deserve. We are staffed by a team of dedicated and experienced professionals intent on helping you look and feel your best. Our treatment options for scar reduction include:
- Laser – Broad Band Light (BBL) heats your skin in a controlled manner. This heating of deeper skin layers causes collagen remodeling, treatment of overactive oil glands, and proliferation of skin components like fibroblasts. This leads to reduction in acne and minimizes acne scars.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma – Our Platelet-Rich Plasma treatment uses the power of your blood’s own platelets to accelerate controlled collagen production and smoothing skin texture.
- Microneedling – Microneedling produces “micro-injuries” that stimulate the body’s natural healing process, resulting in scar repair and acne reduction.
- Diamond Microdermabrasion – Diamond Microdermabrasion removes the dead, outer layer of skin with gentle exfoliation, relieving acne and scarring in the process.
- Facial Treatments – Our facial treatments can help cleanse pores and remove impurities from the skin, allowing for faster scar repair.
Scarring Treatments in Ventura, California
If you’re struggling with scarring and are in need of an effective skin care solution, Dr. Bloom and our staff are here to help. Our treatments are all administered with the care and expertise necessary to deliver excellent results. We invite you to visit us today by calling (805) 994-8208 or clicking on the button at the bottom of the page.