What Are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal Fillers are injections that consist of Hyaluronic Acid (HA). This naturally occurring sugar molecule helps plump the skin and reduces the effects of facial volume loss. Dermal fillers like Juvéderm can thus smooth fine lines and wrinkles, lift and contour cheeks, and plump up lips. Juvéderm provides a smooth, natural look and feel—so everyone will notice (but no one will know)! In fact, studies show superior results of Juvéderm compared to a collagen-based dermal filler.
What Dermal Fillers Do We Offer at Bloom Med Spa?
At Bloom Med Spa, we are proud to offer our range of highly popular Juvéderm dermal filler products. Juvéderm is an HA-based dermal filler that can make you look great, whether you want to soften folds and wrinkles or add volume to your cheeks or lips. The fillers we offer include:
- Juvéderm Voluma
- Voluma is an FDA-approved filler that’s part of the Juvéderm collection of injectables. It’s specifically for use in the mid-face, adding volume to the cheeks. Voluma is made with hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the skin. Results typically last between nine months to a year.
- Juvéderm Ultra / Ultra Plus
- Juvéderm Ultra is a dermal filler manufactured by Allergan. This filler is colorless and made up of hyaluronic acid gel that is used to smooth facial wrinkles and folds, especially in the nasolabial area.
- Juvéderm Volbella XC
- Volbella is a new lip filler that uses hyaluronic acid-based gel enhanced with lidocaine to fill the lips and provide long lasting results. Volbella is a softer, smoother gel that allows for easier injection than traditional fillers.
- Juvéderm Vollure XC
- Vollure, also known as Volift in Europe, is a hyaluronic acid filler you would use primarily for smoothing nasolabial folds around your mouth. Like other fillers in the Juvéderm collection, Vollure uses Vycross technology, allowing it to produce long-lasting results up to 18 months.
What Is Treatment Like?
Dr. Bloom begins each dermal filler session with a comprehensive consultation. This is followed by applying a topical anesthetic numbing cream 20 minutes prior to the procedure. Erin Thompson, our Physician Assistant, administers the injections once the anesthetic takes effect. The process itself typically takes less than an hour. While some discomfort is possible during the injection process, most of our patients consider it to be quite tolerable.
What Happens After a Dermal Fillers Treatment?
You should see the results of your dermal filler injections almost immediately after your visit. You should notice an increase in skin tightness, plumpness, and radiance. Optimal results following your injection can take effect after a couple of weeks. After dermal fillers, some injection-site redness, swelling, tenderness, discoloration, and itching may occur. However, these side effects often subside after a couple of hours.
Before and After Photos
Dermal Fillers in Ventura County with Bloom Med Spa
At Bloom Med Spa, our team commitment is to help men and women all over Ventura County look and feel their best. Our dermal filler procedures with Juvéderm are a great way to give you the fuller, smoother features you seek. If you’d like to see for yourself, request an appointment or call (805) 994-8208